Today was just plain boring compared with yesterday. Still, I guess I can dig up five favorite moments:
- Trump campaign defends Melania Trump’s plagiarism by saying, “This concept that Michelle Obama invented the English language is absurd.”
- The official theme of the evening, “Make America Work Again,” is completely missing in action. Does that count as a moment? A non-moment? Whatever it is, it makes the list.
- In its place, the vaguely creepy chant “Lock her up” turns into the official slogan of the evening.
- Donald Trump Jr., the son of a famously flamboyant billionaire, rails against the “self-satisfied people at the top, our new aristocrats.”
- Ben Carson tells us that Saul Alinsky dedicated his book to Lucifer; Hillary Clinton wrote a college thesis about Alinsky; therefore Clinton is…a Satan worshipper?